Connection to wholesale supplier or dealer
- Do you want to be dropshipper ?
- Do you want to resell products from a dealer?
- Do you have an agreement with wholesale supplier or dealer?
- I have an XML feed of products from a merchant and I want to integrate that into my site.
Drop Shipping service, which is used by many eshops all over the world, can be applied to the PrestaShop, Magento, OpenCart or VirtueMart platform. We offer editing of your eshop website or creating a new eshop website for dropshipping service. The changes concern the final step of customer’s order. A new order will be saved in the eShop database and sent to the Accounting System (or Inventory system) of your dealer at the same time.
Common routines include methods which are executed at the moment of user’s confirmation of an order. Next steps of dropshipping integration depend on your requirements. It means that dropshipping request can be sent to your supplier after you confirm the order in administration.
You as dropshipper have got an agreement with your dealer. At first step the order from customer is saved into your eshop and at the same time it is sent to your supplier. Then the administrator of your eshop waits for the payment from the customer. After payment confirmation of order the request will be sent to the wholesale supplier.
Sending of an order to your wholesaler is carried out according to the beforehand defined communication protocol.
Each product is updated automatically by CRON task synchronization therefore it is assured that you offer the same products as your wholesaler.
- Your customers are buying products from your store at the retail price.
- You are receiving confirmation emails from your payment processor – PayPal, Autorize.net…
- You are repeating these orders (or system can do it itself) at the dropshipping company website using your billing info and your customer shipping info, but at the wholesale price.
- You are making profit from the difference between retail and wholesale price for products and shipping without touching or seeing any product.
- They are shipping your orders to your customers and sending you the UPS tracking codes.
- The actual inventory is maintained by the dropshipping company only.
- Your store inventory is updated automatically by our program connected to the dropshipping company.
- obtain XML datafeed or CSV file from your wholesaler to renew product prices and stock levels
- decide what parameters, attributes and features of products you want to insert. Frequent parameters are name, code, description, images, availability, amount of item at dropshipper’s stock.
- define rules for parameters. Availability – is it necessary to define what is happen when product isn’t available at dropshipper stock.
- decide if you want to make categories in eshop yourself or replicate XML category tree to your e-shop and assign each product a category as it is assigned in XML feed.
- prepare eshop for communication with dropshipper system via XML-RPC or SOAP. This protocol must be defined in any document. The main reason is synchronization of orders and their statuses. It will be perfomed by scheduled task (CRON task) at server side. An email can be sent to customer when the dropshipper ships the order.
- testing period takes 1 to 2 weeks. During this time is necessary send a few orders to dropshipper and synchronize mutual requests.
The final price depends on your need. We prepared price calculator for dropshipping integration. Feel free to use for price estimation.