XML Feed Import Module for OpenCart imports items or products from your supplier or wholesaler in dependency on settings (margin, mapping of categories or products) to shopping cart.
Import process for OpenCart
Import Module use our B2B XML DataFeed Connector for OpenCart.
Regular synchronization for items and their parameters included in XML feed has two modes:
Insert an item
If an item isn’t in the OpenCart the module inserts the item to the OpenCart database with corresponding parameters (see below). It is performed only once for each item.
If OpenCart includes an item the module updates the parameters of the item. The parameters of product which are updated is necessary set in administration.
If you have dealer or wholesaler who enables you receive orders from your eshop we offer OpenCart Drop Shipping integration.
XML import module processes the parameters described below.
Reference - an internal parameter which connects items from XML feed with OpenCart.
Category - prior to the import it is necessary to make an rule where items are to be imported. There are three possibilities (*):
- Import module creates the same category structure from XML feed
- The administrator creates own categories and map XML categories to them in import module administration.
- All items are imported to one category called “Import”. After the first import the administrator moves items to the final category manually.
Description – you can choose if the product details will be updated or not with synchronization module (you want to create your own description for product)
Attributes - it means sizes or color of the products
Price - price is inserted with or without conversion ratio (*)
Images - images are downloaded during first occurence of item in OpenCart database i.e. insert of item)
Availability - it can be written to OpenCart database same as in XML feed or some conversion can be carried out (*)
(*) needs of customers vary and thus it is necessary to determine how the imported items will be operated in the first place. After that it is possible to arrange XML import scripts.
Parts of Import Module
- The main settings in administration of OpenCart provide category mapping between XML feed and OpenCart. After a click on the module settings a tree of categories appears. At first, choose the XML category for setting on the left side. Then click on the eshop category or categories on the right side. In the end click on the button “Save”.
- XML Adapter = XML DataFeed Connector prepares data from XML feed in an internal format for the main import script (see point 3) in dependency on settings (point 1.). The adapter is necessary “to learn” to process a wholesaler’s XML DataFeed.
- Scheduled data import from dealer. Import script executed by CRON task performs the import of articles from XML DataFeed into the OpenCart product database. You can execute this script by CRON in any time. Script writes a log into database informing you about import process.
Import solution includes our services for arrangement of the XML adapter. We prepare the adapter for the format of your supplier or dealer trying to meet your needs.
The final price depends on the complexity of XML processing. Please use the contact form at right side.
You can try the price calculator for XML Integration Service.