XML Feed Import Module for WooCommerce imports items or products from your supplier or wholesaler in dependency on settings (margin, mapping of categories or products) to shopping cart.
Import process for B2B WooCommerce
Import Module use our B2B XML DataFeed Connector for WooCommerce.
Action for items and their parameters included in XML feed are two possibilities:
Insert an item
If an item isn t in the WooCommerce the module inserts the item to the WooCommerce database with corresponding parameters (see below). It is performed only once for each item.
If WooCommerce includes an item the module updates the parameters of the item. It is essential to set the updated parameters in administration. The parameters which are updated is neccessary set in administration.
During XML import it is necessary to process parameters described below.
If you have dealer or wholesaler who enables you receive orders from your eshop we offer WooCommerce dropshipping integration.
Parameters of items
Reference - an internal parameter which connects items from XML feed with WooCommerce.
Category - prior to the import it is necessary to make an agreement where items are to be imported. There are three possibilities (*):
- Import module creates the same category structure from XML feed
- The administrator creates own categories and map XML categories to them in import module administration.
- All items are imported to one category called “Import”. After the first import the administrator moves items to the final category manually.
Price – price is inserted with or without conversion ratio (*)
Images – images are downloaded during first occurence of item in WooCommerce database i.e. insert of item)
Availability – it can be written to WooCommerce database same as in XML feed or some conversion can be carried out (*)
(*) needs of customers vary and thus it is necessary to determine how the imported items will be operated in the first place. After that it is possible to arrange XML import scripts.
Parts of Import Module
- The main settings in administration of WooCommerce provide category mapping between XML feed and WooCommerce. After a click on the module settings a tree of categories appears. At first, choose the XML category for setting on the left side. Then click on the eshop category or categories on the right side. In the end click on the button “Save”.
- XML Adapter = XML DataFeed Connector prepares data from XML feed in an internal format for the main import script (see point 3) in dependency on settings (point 1.). The adapter is necessary “to learn” to process a wholesaler’s XML DataFeed.
- Import script executed by CRON task performs the import of articles from XML feed into the WooCommerce product database. You can execute this script by CRON in any time. Script writes a log into database informing you about import process.
Import solution includes my services for arrangement of the XML adapter. I prepare the adapter for the format of your supplier or dealer trying to meet your needs at the same time with your needs.
The final price dependends on the complexity of XML processing. Please use the contact form at right side.